Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9

I checked out the MERLIN site, but didn't find anything really exciting as compared to some of the other things we've explored (maybe I just viewed it on an off day). I also tried out all 4 of the recommended feed search tools. I think if I'm searching for a feed and I'm not already on the website for the feed I want, I'll stick to the Bloglines search engine. Several of the other sites were visually very busy. Feedster and Technorati gave me way more search results than I wanted or needed and not the feed that I was looking for. This may have been a result of my unfamiliarity with using the sites. The local information on topix was interesting, but not enough so to make me want to use the site regularly. In the end I found (and subscribed to) feeds from the Baltimore Orioles, CMT (county music television), and the Discovery Channel. I think the search tools are nice if you want to see what's out there or available. However, if you have a specific site in mind, I think it's easier to go to that site and see if you can find the RSS icon.

No comments: