Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 5, Thing 11

LibraryThing seems like a good way to keep track of books you've read. Sometimes a book looks familiar but I can't remember if I've read it or not. With this site, I could instantly have pictures of the books I've already read. I also added a "widget" to the left side of my blog that randomly shows books from my library (all YA right now). I don't know how often I'll remember to update my library but if I can keep it fairly up to date, it'll be a useful tool.

2 comments:

Okie said...

Just stumbled on your blog. It looks like notes for a tech class or something...I enjoy your notes to interesting tools.

I started using Library Thing a few weeks ago and have been filling it in with my library (slow but sure).

I notice that you have Stephanie Meyer up on your list...I just finished reading Twilight this past weekend. It was pretty good. Are you excited for Eclipse due out next month?

AK said...

My blog is acutally part of our "23 things" assignment for work (the library). We explore 23 "new" web technologies and share our thoughts on them.

Yes, I've been waiting for Eclipse for a while now. The first chapter is actually available on Stephenie Meyer's website. I'm running an "Eclipse Prom" program for the teens at our library to coincide with its release.