Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thing 20 - YouTube

I've used YouTube before. People post videos there for just about anything. More recently, I've started using it to find music videos from artists or groups that I like. I wasn't sure how licensing worked with posting a video to my blog and I found out quickly that just because they let you post the video, doesn't mean they'll let you play it on your blog. The first video I posted gave me a message that said due to licensing agreements (or something), I would need to visit YouTube to view the video. So, I tried another of my favorite artists and his video plays just fine. I chose Jason Aldean's video for Amarillo Sky because I thought I'd add some of my personal interests to the blog, even though I've kept it mostly work-related so far.

Integrating a video feature into the library's website could allow us to share programs with others via the Internet. We could also post book talks done by staff members. If we were to share videos created by other people/organizations, we'd probably have to be careful about licensing agreements and copyright infringement.

No comments: