Monday, August 20, 2007

Thing 23 - I'm finished!!!

Finally!!! Completing the 23 Things program while working on the desk has been an experience. I enjoyed the "fun" components the most. The online image generators and the music websites were a lot of fun to explore. I think the program has given me the opportunity (and direction) to explore sites that I probably wouldn't have found on my own. One of the ideas that I'm taking away from this program is that there are still so many ways that the library can use technology to provide new/better services to our patrons.

The pod casts at the beginning of some of the "things" weren't really useful because it's difficult to have the sound turned on or the volume level very loud when you're on a public desk (the only time many of us had to work on the program). I think if the program incorporated more fun things (where participants can play while they learn) people would be more likely to do it and maybe less intimidated by all the technology.

I would probably participate in another discovery program like this if one was offered in the future. I'd be more likely to participate if there was a specific incentive or prize that you knew about in advance for completing the program.